Thursday, December 11, 2008

I forgot...

...what a damn snooze-fest it is not working.

The first few days are great, I will admit.

Day time TV - WOO! Reruns of Will and Grace? OMG! Jack is sooooo funny, and Karen always jokes about her boobs and drinking. HI-Larry-US. Snacking on yummy but bad for you treats? Bring on the Chips Ahoy. Mid Afternoon naps? I have the perfect blankie!!!

Then Thursday hits.

Will and Grace comes on - and I realize that I have bigger boobs than Karen, and at this point, want to drink more than her, too. All of the sudden the lunchables I bought from Safeway online look less like an ingenious, easy to prepare snack and more like what it actually is - a slimy piece of mystery meat, sweaty cheese and stale crackers. And my mid afternoon naps have resulted in watching late night TV, which is even worse than Day time TV.

The highlight of my day has become opening the next door on my advent Calendar and triumphantly popping my sliver of chocolate out of the plastic mold. (Today I was an uber rebel - I opened that little door before 10 AM, and enjoyed my chocolate drum immeadiately. Aren't I baaad?)

So, anyway, I've got, like, another few weeks of this. And my Advent Calendar runs out on the 25th. Then what will I do?

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I'm loving your page design, Jo. Way more interesting than my Google Reader.

Here are some ideas that you've probably already thought of:

Get sucked into a series of books: In the past, I've been sucked into Harry Potter, Shopaholic, Something Borrowed (followed by Something Blue and more...), and Queen of Babble. I look forward to getting sucked into the Twilight series over Christmas. None of these are intelligent reads, mind you... but they're suckers. I have most of these, so let me know if you'd like to borrow!

Start a project. Scrapbooking does it for me (and for you, from what I gather), but you could also make some cards for birthdays/Valentine's Day/anniversaries/thank yous.

Are you confined to the couch? I think you might be... if you're not, you could bake cookies or fudge, wrap it up in little goodie bags and give it to people over the holidays.

Organize your laptop (do you use a laptop?). Sort pictures into albums online, set up file folders for random documents on your desktop, and change your wallpaper to something inspirational (as inspirational as you can muster, given that it's a 2-D screen). This all sounds boring, but it can be incredibly satisfying.

Sorry that you're bored!!

angelabbf said...

This scares me... I'm only about 1 week in and I'm almost already bored. Thankfully Christmas has kept me occupied. What happens when Christmas is over?