Friday, February 24, 2006

El-o, El-o, El-o

VE!
El-o, El-o, El-o!

Ok, sorry, I have that Ashley Simpson song stuck in my head.

I was debating (with myself), who the most talented pair of sisters in entertainment are.
I mean, the wealth of talent that is out there right now - it boggles the mind!

I immediately thought of The Simpsons, Ashley and Jessica. Jessica is Queen of blond hair extensions, and of strutting her stuff in TV ads. Ashley's singing voice is similar only to that of an angel. Right? And they were also tied for third on oft-quoted celebrity-fashion critic Mr. Blackwell's list of the worst-dressed celebrities of 2004. Blackwell wrote that "from gaudy to grim to downright frenetic these two prove that bad taste is positively genetic". How could he?

"No!" I told myself, "You're wrong!"

I had forgotten the mini moguls themselves, MK and Ashley Olsen. From their very first appearance, how can anyone have doubted that these two would grow up to be the pair of very finest actresses that they are? And they remain role models for our youth! How do they do it? Even Rapper Eminem can't deny their star appeal, they are mentioned, and insulted (Oh, the horror!), in his 2005 song, "Ass Like That".

Then myself got angry. "Oh hells no!" I sneered.

Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears - Hello? Ah, you didn't know Jamie Lynn acted? Well, duh! Jamie Lynn stars in Zoey 101, on Nickelodeon. Her big sis even wrote the theme song, and Jamie Lynn performs it. How's them apples? That's sisterly love. And Britney continues her career, becoming a role model to all working moms, by snorting down her trademark Cheetos, and doing cool stuff. Like protecting her baby by zooming around in the car with him on her lap. Bah! Who needs old fashioned stuff like car seats when some paprazzi asshat might *gasp* snap a picture of little Sean Preston.

Then I bitch-slapped myself. "Snap out of it!" "Don't you know anything? Stupid self."

"It's a tie."

No comments: